A well-known fitness blogger in France has been killed by an exploding whipped cream dispenser.
Rebecca Burger‘s death was announced on Facebook in what her family called a “domestic accident.”
A warning against the faulty dispensers was posted to her Instagram account, saying it had “exploded and struck Rebecca’s chest, causing her death.”
French media reported she had died of cardiac arrest after the incident, despite medical attention.
The popular fitness and travel figure was well-known in France, with some 55,000 Facebook fans and 154,000 followers on Instagram.
One of Ms Burger’s family members took to Instagram, warning readers not to use the dispenser.
“Here’s an example of the cartridge/siphon from Chantilly that exploded and struck Rebecca’s chest, killing her,” the post reads. “Take note: the cartridge that caused her death was sealed. Do not use this type of device in your home! Tens of thousands of these appliances are still in circulation.”
According to Associated Press, French authorities are investigating whether a defective dispenser, which was recalled in 2013, is at fault for Berger’s death
Voici un exemple de siphon à chantilly qui a explosé et percuté le thorax de Rebecca, entraînant son décès. Précision : le siphon qui a engendré sa mort quant à lui été mis sous scellé. N'utilisez pas ce genre d'ustensile chez vous ! Plusieurs dizaines de milliers d'appareils défectueux sont encore en circulation.
Let that be a warning to us all.